I don’t remember when I first saw this whipped cloud coffee (it definitely wasn’t Tik Tok, I’m not that cool), but I have been obsessed ever since. It really is easy to make a vegan whipped cloud coffee and the whole whipping process is not as complicated as I thought.
This may be one of the simplistic recipes I post! I going to go through exactly what I get for mine. But whatever ingredients you use – remember to do these three things!
- Using boiling water – not hot, but boiling
- Use an electric whisk – trying to hand wisk this turned my arms to noodles. You want to beat it to a soft peak.
- Stir well before enjoying. As pretty as this looks with the “cloud” of coffee on top, it’s best stirred well.
The best part of this whipped cloud coffee is that it is only 30 calories per serving! This isnt something i would make everyday but is wonderful for lazy mornings or when people are over! The three ingredients I use are:
Lakanto Golden Monk Sweetener. You can use any granulated sugar (brown or white). I don’t think this would work as well with liquid sweeteners. I like monk sweetener, but if you are used to regular sugar it does taste a little different. Brown and raw sugar are wonderful in this for more of a dessert.
Silk Unsweetened Almond. Any plant-based milk you love works, but if you are using a sweetened milk, you may want to cut the sugar in half.
365 instant coffee. I actually like this just as regular coffee too (I apologize to the coffee snobs out there – which include my husband who was horrified I would drink instant coffee!).
FINAL THOUGHTS – I liked them! I definitely would chose the iced cloud coffee over the hot, since I love how the foam slowly drips into the milk and is not as intense. If you are not a crazy coffee lover, I could see how cutting the instant coffee in half would be a better fit for you. I’m so glad that I tried them and I highly recommend you do too!
Vegan Whipped Cloud Coffee
- 2 Tbsp Instant Coffee
- 2 Tbsp Sugar, I use golden monk fruit sweetener
- 2 Tbsp Boiling Water
- 1 cup Plant-based Milk I used Silk Unsweetened Almond
- In a medium to medium-large bowl, beat together instant coffee, sugar and water until the mixture forms thick soft peaks like a light mousse. It will lighten from a dark color to a caramel brown.
- Warm your milk on the stove or microwave for hot coffee and pour into a mug or for iced coffee, pour your milk over ice.
- Spoon your coffee cloud over the coffee then stir well before enjoying.
Not a coffee lover? Try my everyday detox tea!